Anyway, today was alright. I went to bed at 9-ish last night, and texted Will until I fell asleep, like usual. I woke up at about 1:30 for about 15 minutes, and stared at the ceiling until I fell asleep, as usual. I woke up at 5:30 officially, and started getting dressed for school, along with my other school-preparation-rituals, as usual. I left for school at 6:45, listened to the Red Hot Chili Peppers for the ride, and got to school at 7-ish, as usual. I talked to some friends before first period, then walked to class, as usual. But you get the idea. All of my classes were incredibly normal today. The only difference is that it was a little cooler today than regular NC 95 degree 100% humidity summertime. I suppose that Autumn is finally blowing over the North Carolina horizon, and my favorite time of year will finally return.
I think that I'm being re-discovered. Enloe has done wonders for my musical development, on bass, anyway. Today my friend Molly told me that her brother heard from the Enloe Music Grapevine that I'm a really good bassist, and that he wants to jam with me sometime. I was ecstatic. I actually think that I might be gigging this year, with all of this discovering going on. I've got a little combo, my dad might just be able to hook me up. Or Mr Hunter, the band teacher. Gettin really excited about high school.
I had a wonderful summer, in ways that I'd like to keep secret from my school affiliates. Went to concerts, hung out with my dad, played a lot of music, did some jam sessions, went to the Eno Festival, and, most importantly, I studied and understood more music theory than I realized at the time. This was definitely the best summer that I've ever had, and I didn't want it to end. I was actually dreading the day that school would start, until I realized that it would just be adding to my musical accomplishments, just with more schoolwork. I also went to Maryland for Marching Band Camp, where I met a lot of new people...hehehe. Anyway, great summer.
I think that my life is starting over, because I feel good pretty much all the time.
-Genergizer

Your blog ROCKS!!! I can't wait to hear you play some music for me. Bring in your bass and make it happen!
ReplyDeletereally? I'll have to do that sometime. tell me when a good time is.
ReplyDelete