Monday, September 14, 2009

Here Comes The Sun

I'm trying to be optimistic. I really am. This may be a surprise for all that have been following my blog, because all of my other posts seem to be happy ones. This, however, is not a happy post.

It all happened last night, when I was at home with my mom. Normal Sunday Night, except for the fact that I had been busier than I had any other weekend when not actually somewhere for the weekend. I had a meeting with the people from Young Strings Of The Triangle, I had a viola lesson, I went shopping for fall/winter clothes, I got my mac fixed, I typed a paper, I saw the North Carolina Symphony, etc. To be straightforward, I was busy. And my mom was in a good mood for pretty much the entire weekend, so she took me to all these places without complaining. Sunday night, however, things changed. I asked her if I could see the North Carolina Symphony again on Wednesday night with my friend Maitreyi, at a concert that started at 7:30. This is when she freaked out and told me that it was too late, and that I would be getting back past my bedtime. I argued that I would only be getting back at around 9, and that she had told me that I could go to this concert earlier this year. She yelled at me, sent me to my room, and grounded me for a week. I was not a happy camper, so I stayed in my room and cried for a while, then came back out when my mom needed to use the computer. I didn't want to think about calling Maitreyi.

I finally decided to call Maitreyi at around 8:45, after I had gotten out of the shower. This was a bit late, because I had to my "night before first day of the week" shower rituals (detangle my hair to the highest degree of detangle-ment, shave my legs, etc.) I called Maitreyi to tell her that I couldn't come, and my mom walked in the room, freaking out that I was calling someone fifteen minutes past my bedtime. I told Maitreyi that I would call her later, and stood in the middle of my room as my mom yelled at me for the second time in one night, and sent me to bed.

Five minutes into laying down, my mom simply said "GET UP."

I got out of my loft bed, and just as I was walking towards the doorway to my room, she asked who Will was (any of you reading this who are close to me know who Will is...). She had been looking through the contacts on my cellphone. This led into a long extensive sex talk, my phone getting taken away for good, and my mom saying one of the least surprising things that I had ever heard her say. It was totally expected, yet unexpected. "I'm tired of you. Go live with your father, I can't stand you anymore. Start packing." She then called my sister's dad, and I called my dad (who didn't pick up), and I then went to bed, thinking about what was to come.

This was one of the most interesting experiences of my life. Really, the only thing keeping me from living with my dad is taking me away from Enloe. Enloe is definitely the best school I've ever been to, and I don't want to be taken away from it to go to Durham School Of The Arts, or any school in Durham County Public Schools. My dad is amazing, too. The only problem is that he probably isn't enough structure for me. My mom, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. I sometimes wonder why and how they even got together. They pretty much hate each other. I don't like the fact that I'm the one unbreakable thread that makes them have to communicate. It's really my fault...I should've gone to boarding school or something. I'm the ONLY THING that makes them have to see each other. People that don't like each other shouldn't have to see each other.

I stand completely alone, other than the Little Help From My Friends, screaming HELP! to the world, who simply ignores me. I wonder, why me? and the answer is simply Because. I'm Searching for the light, waiting for someone to say "Here Comes The Sun".

-Genergizer

No comments:

Post a Comment